Creamy Mashed Potatoes

Yukon Gold Potatoes - peeled and cubes
half pint heavy cream
Stick of butter unsalted
Rosemary
Garlic
salt/pepper




Wash, peel, and cube potatoes. Place into a pot, topped with cold water to cover potatoes. Add generous amount of salt. Soft Boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 12-13 min.
Drain water from potatoes, return potatoes back into the pot and stir under med/high heat for 2-3 minutes.




Remove from heat and mash potatoes, place 1 stick unsalted butter into the microwave to melt. Add in melted butter and mix thoroughly, add salt.

In a small sauce pan, mix together 1 Cup heavy cream, rosemary and garlic, boil under medium/high heat for 3 minutes, then bring to a simmer. Strain out rosemary and garlic through sifter.
I pick up the little jars of minced garlic that I keep in my fridge, they last so much longer and I can add as much as I want too my meals, pretty convenient.




Slowly add cream to mashed potatoes and mix well.

Include optional toppings:
+ more butter
+ pepper

Comments

Popular Posts