Beef Roast Recipe in the Crock Pot

Its a total blizzard out here! I got sent home from work early (we closed at 12 pm) and barely made it home in the blowing and dangerous conditions. Yesterday however, I thought ahead and went grocery shopping for meal prep. I picked up this beef roast so I can throw it in the crock pot and cook it up by morning time. Beef Round eye round roast which was 1.8 lbs for $10.78 at Sprouts. Natural foods and cheaper meat selection options. 

INGREDIENTS:
2 lb Beef round eye of round roast
8 Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 Cup Beef broth
Olive Oil
1/2 cup Flour
2 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
3/4 Cup red wine
Salt & Pepper
1 Tbsp Thyme
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Salted Butter

Begin with marinating the roast, generously salt all sides of the roast, and sprinkle with pepper and oregano. Marinate roast for 24 hours, or just marinate it for 4 hrs like I had time to do.
In the meantime, wash and quarter potatoes and chop the onions. I also tenderized my roast with a tenderizer.

Cover the roast with flour on all sides and prepare a skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
Sear the roast about 4-5 min per side, I add in 1 Tbsp of salted butter per each side of the roast.


Once seared, add roast to crock pot. Surround with potatoes and onion, garlic, thyme, red wine, beef broth (although I used Vegetable Broth), and bay leaves. I also like to add in another 2 Tbsp on top of the roast to melt into the meat. Then topped with bay leaves. 
Let this cook in the crock pot on Low for 8 hours, I will have a good warm meal to wake up to and get ready for work lunch.




Comments

Popular Posts